A cold soup served in Spain: gazpacho! This dish is mostly served as an appetizer in Spain. In the hot summer days, you can cool of with this dish. Never tried it? This is your chance! With this easy gazpacho recipe for students you will enjoy a typical Spanish soup that is not only easy to make but also very tasty!
Dinner is served: an easy gazpacho recipe for students
There are a lot of gazpacho recipes these days. However, the original gazpacho recipe includes: bread, olive oil, garlic, water, vinegar and salt. In the 19th century tomatoes were included among the ingredients and over the years even more vegetables have been included. We are going to make a sweet gazpacho dish, if you want to save this dish for the day after (it will save you money) don’t use this recipe including the bread or onions because that could cause mold in the soup.
The ingredients (8 persons):
- 1 kilo of tomatoes
- 1 ½ clove of garlic
- ½ onion
- 1 green paprika
- 1 red paprika
- 1 cucumber
- 50 ml olive oil
- 25 ml red wine vinegar
- ice cubes (not really necessary)
- one piece of white bread
- basil leaves
- ½ onion
- 1 Yellow Paprika
- two pieces of white bread
It really doesn’t take much time to make Gazpacho because you can put the ingredients in a blender!
1) Cook some water and dip the tomatoes in the water for a couple of seconds. When they are soft, let them cool of and peel the skin of.
2) Peel the cucumber and cut it in half.
3) Cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and do the same with the paprika and the piece of bread
4) Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend it till it gets a soft structure, meanwhile you can cut the onion and paprika for the garniture.
After these steps, put the soup in the fridge to cool it down.
Cut the bread in small blocks and bake them with olive oil in a baking pan till they are light brown and crispy. Let the croutons leak on a piece of paper.
Grab some nice bowls (or whatever bowls you can find in your student house.) Pour the soup in it and add the garniture on the soup. Call your roommates and enjoy the meal together!
Tip: You could add some ice cubes to the soup to make it even more fresh!
For more recipes read our blog!