December 2nd is the day of the Valencia Marathon 2018. In this first weekend of December the city is completely dedicated to running.
If you stay in Valencia, you will notice and feel the sportiness. In the various parks and near the beach you will see many runners preparing for this great running event.
Valencia Marathon 2018: Ciudad del Running
The organization ‘Valencia Ciudad del Running’ is an organization that coordinates everything that has to do with running in the city, so also the Valencia marathon 2018. This organization has put Valencia on the map as a ‘running city’ worldwide. For advice on everything to do with running in Valencia you can contact Valencia Ciudad del Running. For tips and practical info, check their website for everything you need to know.
Why is the Valencia Marathon 2018 so popular?
The Valencia Marathon 2018 was sold out in no time. As much as 22.000 runners from all over the world and about 90 different nationalities will be participating in this great event.
On December 2nd, two races will be central:
– 42 km: Valencia Trinidad Alfonso EDP Marathon 2018
– 10 km: Valencia Trinidad Alfonso 10K 2018
The Valencia Marathon is extremely popular and has several awards from the International Athletics Federation (IAAF). This marathon is loved by runners at various levels.
But what makes this marathon so unique? Well, that has to do with these advantages:
- #1 The climate: Valencia has a mild climate. In December the average temperature is about 16 degrees. Delicious temperature for running. Especially with a sun it is pleasant to run.
- #2 The course: The course is mainly flat, which is pleasant for most runners. The route goes through the old town and the Turia Park. As a runner you can enjoy all the beauty that Valencia has to offer you.
- #3 Start and finish: The start and finish of the Valencia Marathon are in the ‘Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencas’ (City for Arts and Sciences). At this great location you can enjoy the competition and all the activities during the marathon. If you are a runner, you will have a beautiful view over the water. This will give you an extra boost.
- #4 Organization: The Valencia Marathon is well organized. Nothing is left to chance. The facilities for runners and the public are well organized. Along the way there are several drink stations and also after the runners are pampered.
- #5 Atmosphere: The atmosphere during the Valencia Marathon 2018 is great. There is a lot of public next to the side to support you. There are several bands and you will be swept up by the music.
- #6 Expo Sport Valencia: On Friday the 30th of November and Saturday 1st of December there will also be a very nice exhibition about the Valencia Marathon. This exhibition takes place at the ‘Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencas’, in the Príncipe Felipe Science Museum. At the Expo Sport Valencia you can also pick up your start number for the Valencia Marathon 2018. There are also various activities and shows, so there is a lot to see and to do!
Can I follow the Valencia Marathon 2018 live?
Yes, there are several possibilities to follow the Valencia Marathon 2018.
If you want to get a good impression and experience this event, you can watch the images via internet, TV or the app!
Via the website of the Valencia Marathon 2018 you can view the images, check:
The Valencia Marathon 2018 will also be broadcasted on Movistar+.
You can follow the marathon closely and several runners will be interviewed afterwards. http://www.movistarplus.es/runtovalencia
Via the official app of the Valencia Marathon 2018, you can follow your favorite runners in real time. You can track up to 20 runners via the app. The app is free. If you want to download this app, click on the links below:
Download link Android.
Download link iOS.
Fancy a sporty weekend? Then book the first weekend of December for the Valencia Marathon 2018!
Want to read more about Valencia? Click here.