Celebrating New Year’s eve in Valencia could be rather different than celebrating it in your home country. It has its own traditions. Yet, you can’t start your year better than celebrating New Year’s Eve in Valencia. In this article we will explain the habits of the habitants and the best parties to go to after 24:00
Making the best memories on New Year’s Eve in Valencia!
In the evening (before 24:00) you could give a big house party but what most people do is just having dinner in a luxe restaurant. With New Year’s in Valencia you don’t have to worry about your money because you can already get a whole menu for 30 euros! You can share a nice meal with your friends and family and talk about the good and bad moments of 2018. But don’t forget the time while chatting because at twelve it is happening!
With ‘at twelve it is happening’ we don’t mean straight away it is 2019 and look at the fireworks! No, don’t forget to eat the grapes! This isn’t a joke, it’s a tradition. It all began when the village of Viñalopó in the province of Alicante had an exceptionally good grape harvest and decided to distribute the grapes at New Year’s Eve what would give luck for the new year. Since 1909 people are standing on the big square in Valencia and eat a grape at 12 o’clock on each chime, so 12 in total!
Okay let’s go back to the evening: When you finished your last grape, congratulate your family and friends for the new year and the parties are going to begin!
You could go to several bars if you don’t really like to party. Most bars which are opened with New Year’s Eve you can find in Del Carmen or Ruzafa! If you like to party and want to welcome the new year by day. You can go to several clubs. Below you can see all the clubs which are giving a party at 31st of December. Take a look with your friends/family and choose the right party!
Spaniards loves R&B and hip-hop. There are three clubs you can visit on December the 31st:
- Mya-nochevieja party (means New Year’s Eve in Spanish)
- Committee Valencia with the theme: The Great Gatsby
- Cream Valencia – nochevieja party
For the techno and house fans, it could be hard to choose one of the party because you have a wide range!
- Mya-nochevieja party
- ROTO- nochevieja party at Latex
- The basement- NYE en La Casa
- Spook- NYE techno festival
- Next club- New years eve
- Jardines de Tabarca- Garden New York
- Oven club centro- Rear view/ New year 2019
If you want to dance the whole evening on hits you can choose between:
- Plaza de Toros de Valencia- Coliseo Winter Music
- Sala Repvblicca- La Villa
- Akuarela playa- NYE winter festival
- Indiana- New Years Eve 2019
- 3 hundred- The Most Exclusive New Year’s Eve in Town
- SPECIAL: A YACHT PARTY at Marina Real Juan Carlos I
Do you love the Spanish Latin music? Then you can go to:
- Discoteca shine: reggaton
- Le premiere
If you love Indi Rockyou can go to:
- Jerusalem club- La Ùltima noche
- La3- La3 New Years Eve
For the real die-hards who doesn’t want to stop partying you can go on the next day, the 1stof January at:
- MOKAI NEW YEAR 2019 (secret location)
- High cube- Morning Day One
- Marina beach club- Fayer Matinal
- Allegretto-2019 (secret location)
You can buy the tickets for the parties on Xceed
It’s sounds like one big party doesn’t it? We will hope you will have a wonderful night and of course a happy 2019!