Paella is a typical Spanish dish. It is originally from Valencia and if you are visiting Valencia, make sure you try it once! Even when you are not in Valencia it is possible to try a delicious, homemade paella Valenciana with this authentic paella valenciana recipe.
Make an authentic paella Valenciana with the paella valenciana recipe
With this authentic paella valenciana recipe you will make a typical valencian paella. The first one will be good, but the second paella valenciana you’ll make, will make you love it even more.
Paella valenciana Ingredients (4 persons):
- 320 gram rice
- 700 gram chicken
- 400 gram rabbit
- 350 gram green beans (in pieces of about 4 cm)
- 100 gram garrofón
- 3 ripe, grated tomatoes
- Optional: a red pepper, artichokes and rosemary.
- Paprika powder
- Olive oil
- Water with bouillon cubes or ready to serve bouillon
- Paella colouring (for the yellow color)
How to make the authentic paella valenciana:
- Heat a splash of olive oil in the paella pan.
- Put the pieces of chicken and rabbit in the pan and season them with salt. Fry them until they are golden brown.
- Add the green beans (and optional the pepper and artichokes) and bake them for a few minutes. Add also the garrofón and bake it together.
- Put the meat and the vegetables to the side of the pan and add the tomatoes in the middle. Bake this for about 3-5 minutes.
- Put the saffron and bake it shortly.
- Add a little paprika powder, but make sure this is on low fire so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the water or bouillon just below the edge of the paella pan. If you want rosemary in it this is also the moment to add some. Season it with salt and let it cook for 30 minutes. If necessary, you can add more water/bouillon in between.
- Taste the bouillon before adding the rice. If necessary, you can add more salt. Add the rice and make sure all the rice is equally in the bouillon so all the grains will be cooked.
- Cook for 10 more minutes and lower the fire after to cook it slowly for another 8 minutes. Make sure the rice is equally divided and do not stir anymore.
- Take the pan from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Dinner time!